1 cup uncooked arborio rice ⠀
4 cups stock⠀
1/4 cup white wine (optional but very recommended) ⠀
1/4 cup + 1 tbsp basil pesto (easy recipe on my blog) ⠀
2 tbsp oil/vegan butter⠀
Salt, to taste ⠀
3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped ⠀
Few pieces dry porcini (optional but for added flavor) ⠀
1. Prepare and heat the stock in a separate pot. Add in dried mushrooms if using.⠀
2. In a deep pan/pot, heat the oil and 1 tbsp pesto. Sauté the garlic. ⠀
3. Once cooked, add in the rice. Coat in the oil mixture. ⠀
4. Pour in the oil and let simmer until the rice absorbs it and turns slightly creamy.
5. Add in the pesto. ⠀
6. On medium heat, add 1 cup of stock and mix once in a while. Once it starts to dry up, add another cup of stock. Continue doing so until the rice is cooked.
7. Add additional pesto (if desired) and salt to taste before turning off heat. Top with some vegan parmesan or some more fresh basil. Enjoy while hot!