by @panaceas_pantry ❤️
1 cup (90g) almond meal
1 cup (125g) all purpose gluten free flour
2 tbsp gingerbread spice powder
½ cup rice malt syrup
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
½ cup hulled tahini
1 Tbsp chia egg*
1 tbsp nut milk of choice ( 1-2 tbsp, 2 if using plain flour)
1. Preheat oven to 175 c/350F and line baking tray with baking paper
2. Sieve dry ingredients (flour, almond meal and gingerbread spice) into large mixing bowl
3. Add the remaining ingredients into a separate bowl (including chia egg) and mix well.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry bow, and mix to form cookie dough.
5. Using wet hands, roll dough into balls (about 2 Tbsp each, or 60g). Place cookies on the lined ray, leaving a 5 cm gap between each cookie. Flatten cookies slightly with your hand, then transfer to the oven.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes then turn off oven & leave cookies in the oven for a further 5 minutes to brown. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to completely cool.
Enjoy cookies as they are OR fill with something delicious. I made a basic cacao filling with tahini, cacao powder and maple syrup. *Make a chia egg by placing 1 Tbsp chia seeds with 3 Tbsp water in a bowl. Mix well and set aside for 5 minutes.