@thefoodietakesflight made this
1 cup adlai (I used @hinelebanfarms adlai)
2 cups water
1 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1. In a rice cooker, mix everything then leave to cook.
Homemade Teriyaki Sauce
Makes 1 cup
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup + 1tbsp water
1/3 cup coconut sugar (or other sugar of choice)
1/2 tsp minced ginger
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp ginger powder (or 1 tsp grated fresh ginger)
1/2 tbsp cornstarch + 1 tbsp water
1. In a bowl, mix the corn starch and water.
2. Add in the rest of the ingredients. Mix.
3. Pour the mixture into a saucepan and leave to boil, stirring occasionally.
4. Leave to simmer until the sauce thickens from the cornstarch, around 7 minutes.
5. Turn off heat and set aside to use for your favorite dishes.