This recipe has been highly requested so here you go I tracked it down! For those treat yourself and shock your friends who don’t like vegan food days. @rabbitandwolvescrushed this recipe. The ingredients are kept simple which I LOVE:
Bang Bang Sauce
* 1/4 C. Vegan mayo
* 2 Tbsp. Chili paste
* 1 Tbsp. Agave nectar
* 1 cup Almond milk
* 1 tsp. Apple cider vinegar
* 3/4 cup All purpose flour
* 1/2 cup Cornstarch
* 1 tsp. Salt
* 2 tsp. Hot sauce
* 2 cups Panko bread crumbs
* 1 Head of Broccoli
* Oil for frying
* Chives for garnish(optional)
1. Make the sauce, whisk together the mayo, chilli paste and agave in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. Make the batter, add the apple cider vinegar to the almond milk in a small bowl and let sit for a few minutes to make vegan buttermilk. Add the flour, cornstarch, and salt to a medium sized mixing bowl, then add the hot sauce and almond milk mixture to the dry ingredients and whisk together until combined.
3. Put the panko in a separate bowl.
4. Cut broccoli into florets, then heat the oil on medium high in a large pan, I like to use a cast iron skillet, you need about 1/2-1 inch of oil at the bottom of the pan.
5. Dip each floret of broccoli in the batter, then into the panko and coat thoroughly. Once the oil is hot add the broccoli to the hot oil. Fry for about a minute or two on each side, or until brown and crispy. Drizzle with sauce and serve immediately.
If you want to bake the broccoli instead of frying it, bake at 425 degrees for about 15-20 minutes or until it browns.